The cost of pursuing an engineering course from a recognized college/university usually ranges in Lakhs. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. To help such students, there are scholarships for engineering students, that play a crucial role in funding their overall education expenses. To support these aspiring engineers, pursue their dream education, a number of universities, private organizations and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship for Engineering Students is HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship.
Here, we are giving complete details about HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship?
HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship is being offered by HDFC Bank under the Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS) programme. ECSS aims to provide financial aid to students from recognized Private or Government aided schools between standards 6 and 12 and students studying in undergraduate and post-graduate courses (full-time/part-time degree/diploma/ courses) who are unable to continue bearing the cost of education due to personal/family crises and are at risk of dropping out of school/college/university.
Eligibility for HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship:
To apply for the scholarship, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
- The students studying in Class 6 to 12 in government aided or private schools.
- The students pursuing undergraduate or post-graduate (full-time or part-time) degree or diploma courses in colleges or universities recognized under AICTE/UGC/State/Central government rules.
- The students whose family is facing an unfortunate event/crisis which has occurred in the preceding two years.
How to Apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the official site – HDFC ECSS scholarship site.
Step 2: Click on “To apply for ECSS, click here”
Step 3: Click on “Apply” and fill in all the required details and upload the required supporting documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Awards and Benefits:
For selected candidates, the scholarship will cover the total annual school fee as mentioned below:
|For School Students
|up to INR 10,000
|For college/university Students
|up to INR 25000
Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship will be given in the form of cheques/DDs.
- The cheque/DD will be dispatched by HDFC bank on the specified date.
- The shortlisted students will receive a confirmation message from HDFC bank on their registered numbers.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred in case of a change in school/college/university.
- All the documents that are required to be uploaded during the application should be in JPEG/PDF format with the file size not more than 15 MB.
To know more, click here.
- Verification form duly signed and stamped by the school principal/college dean/director.
- Attested copies of last years’ mark sheet.
- Two copies of address proof.
- Doctor’s note (in case of illness).
- Salary Slip (if any).
- Class 10/12 mark sheet.
- Self-declaration of family income (for self-employed) OR income proof from the employer.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What will be considered as a crisis?
A crisis situation is defined as a:
- The sudden occurrence of an incident that has created a situation where the student/family requires support.
- Sudden job loss.
- Sudden death/separation of parents.
- Accident/death of siblings.
- The Sudden onset of a critical or life-threatening illness.
*The incident leading to a crisis should be within the preceding two years
2. What is the selection process?
- Received applications will be assessed on the basis of the criteria defined by HDFC Bank’s management.
- Students will be selected basis the score that they receive on the selection parameters. While every effort
will be made to ensure a fair screening, the management reserves the right to decide the final recipients.
3. How many students per family can apply?
Only one application per family will be considered for the scholarship.
4. Can an existing ECSS scholar re-apply?
The Scholarship can be availed for a maximum of two consecutive years. The students are required to reapply and requalify each year.
5. Where will the form be available and what is the process of application?
- Application form and application details are available on www.hdfcbank.com/scholarship
- The applicant can apply only online through the link given on the HDFC Bank website
To know more, click here.