The cost of pursuing an engineering course from a recognized college/university usually ranges in Lakhs. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. To help such students, there are scholarships for engineering students, that play a crucial role in funding their overall education expenses. To support these aspiring engineers, pursue their dream education, a number of universities, private organizations and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship for Engineering Students is Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
Here, we are giving complete details about Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme, its eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is the Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme?
Sitaram Jindal Foundation Scholarship Scheme provides the scholarship for students from class 11 to postgraduation. It aims to provide financial assistance to the underprivileged students pursuing various courses at the higher education level.
To apply for the scholarship, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
Category A: Students who have passed 11th or 12th from Govt colleges or govt aided colleges are eligible for this scholarship. All Boys should have passed with a minimum of 65 % and all Girls should be have got 60 % marks in the respective class. Students who Belong to Karnataka & West Bengal should have 75 % Marks ( Boys) & 70 % marks (Girls).
Category B: Students who are pursuing ITI are also eligible to apply for this scholarship. They should have passed the last exam with minimum 50 % Marks. Girls who have passed with 45 % can also participate.
Category C: Students who have passed 12 & wanted to join the graduation courses Like BA, Bcom, BBA, BCA, BHM, can apply for Sitaram Jindal Scholarship. Boys with a minimum 65 % and girls with 60% passing marks can participate in this scholarship. The students who belong to Karnataka & West Bengal should have minimum 70 % Marks (Boys) and 65% marks (Girls)
Category D: Sitaram Jindal Scholarship gives the opportunity to students, doing their post-graduation courses like MA, MCA, MPhil, M.com, MBA, M Sc, and other similar courses can also apply. Students must have obtained 65% (Boys) and 60% (Girls) in their graduation. students who live in Karnataka & West Bengal must have obtained 75 % marks (Boys) & 70 % marks (Girls).
Category E: Students pursuing their diploma courses in Engineering, Medical & other courses can apply in Sitaram Jindal Scholarship. They should have obtained 60% marks (Boys ) & 55% marks in their last passed exam.
Category F: Students interested in pursuing Engineering & Medical courses comes under this category. Boys must have obtained 70 % marks & Girls should have obtained 65 % marks in their last passed exam. Boys & Girls living in West Bengal & Karnataka should have 75% marks & 70% marks respectively in the last exam passed.
How to Apply?
Follow the below steps for Online application of the scholarship:
Follow the below steps for Offline application of the scholarship:
Awards and Benefits:
- The students of class 11 and 12 will receive INR 500 per month.
- The students pursuing ITI diploma from will receive INR 500 per month (for Government/Government aided ITIs) and INR 700 per month (for private ITIs).
- The students pursuing graduation level of courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 1000 per month.
- The students pursuing post graduation level of courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 1200 per month.
- The students pursuing diploma courses will receive INR 1000 per month (for girls) and INR 800 per month (for boys).
- The students pursuing medical/engineering courses will receive a scholarship up to INR 2,000 per month.
For more details, click here.
- A copy of SSLC/HSC scorecard.
- A copy of the last examination.
- A copy of the income certificate.
- A copy of merit certificate (applicable for Medical, Engineering, Diploma and MBA students).
- A copy of certificates regarding fees paid (applicable to Medical, Engineering, Diploma and MBA students).
- Certificate from the hostel warden (for hostellers).
- Certificate of physical disability from the competent authority (if applicable).
- PPO, Relationship dependency certificate and Ex-servicemen widow I-card (for widows and ex-servicemen).