The cost of pursuing an engineering course from a recognized college/university usually ranges in Lakhs. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. To help such students, there are scholarships for engineering students, that play a crucial role in funding their overall education expenses. To support these aspiring engineers, pursue their dream education, a number of universities, private organizations and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship for Engineering Students is Siemens Scholarship.
Here, we are giving complete details about Siemens Scholarship, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is Siemens Scholarship?
Siemens Scholarship is offered by the Siemens India, under their CSR initiative to support 1st year engineering students from the Mechanical/Production, Electrical, Electronics/Instrumentation, Electronics and Telecommunication, Computers/Information Technology, Instrumentation steams.
The aim of this scholarship is to support the determined aspirants of engineering to pursue their education in engineering and have a career in Engineering, R & D or Manufacturing. The scholars can also be placed in the Siemens in various sectors in the coming future. This selected students for the scholarship will be supported throughout the 4 years of engineering graduation.
Eligibility for Siemens Scholarship:
To apply for the Siemens scholarship, a candidate should meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a first-year student of Government Engineering colleges.
- Applicant must be pursuing engineering in Mechanical/Production, Electrical, Electronics/Instrumentation, Electronics & Telecommunication, Computers/Information Technology, Instrumentation stream.
- Applicant must be below 20 years of age.
- Have scored an aggregate of Minimum 60% marks in class 10 board exams
- Have scored an aggregate of Minimum 50% marks in class 12 board exams and 60% aggregate in PCM.
- Belongs to the family whose annual income is not more than INR 2 lakhs.
How to Apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the Siemens Scholarship:
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the scholarship application link.
Step 2: Fill the required details as per the form (personal details, educational details, engineering details).
Step 3: select if you are currently availing any other scholarship or not (The students can avail Siemens scholarship even if they are holding any other scholarship).
Step 4: Select if you are availing hostel services or not.
Step 5: Accept the terms and conditions and click on ‘submit’.
Awards and Benefits of Siemens Scholarship:
The Siemens scholarship will be disbursed annually and it comprises of:
- Tuition fees reimbursement (In case if the student is availing any other scholarship, the balance tuition fee would be reimbursed)
- Flat Allowances on books, stationery, hostel, additional classes would be given.
– 50% scholarship is reserved for girls
– Holistic development program which covers soft skills training and internship cross-functional training.
Terms and Conditions:
- Out of the total scholarship, 50% of it is reserved for girl candidates.
- The scholarship will be given to students upon clearing all subjects and scoring first class in every year of their graduation.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do applicant has to fulfill all the conditions mentioned to apply for the scholarship?
Yes. Application forms will not be accepted if any of the above eligibility conditions are not met.
2. When to apply for Siemens scholarship?
The online application tool will be open for a certain period after all admissions for the first year in Government Engineering Colleges is complete.
3. Is there scholarship reserved for girls?
50 % scholarship is reserved for girls.
4. Who can apply?
Only Government Engineering College students from the below-mentioned streams can apply for this scholarship.
– Mechanical / Production
– Electronics / Instrumentation
– Electronics & Telecommunication
– Computers/Information Technology