Colgate Scholarship is a merit-based and need-based scholarship handed out by Colgate-Palmolive India Ltd. as a part of their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative. The aim of this scholarship is to provide support for the education of children from underprivileged families. Individuals whose children are below the age of 21 are eligible for the scholarship. A total of 501 people will be selected on the basis of a telephonic call provided they are subject to certain terms and conditions.
The eligibility criteria for Colgate scholarship is set as:
- Individuals who are under the age of 21 or parents whose children are under this age can participate in this scholarship offer.
- Must be a resident and citizen of India.
- The scholarship is applicable for all the genders.
- RedFuse, MadHouse and BYJU’S employees and their family members are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The participants must be from an underprivileged background.
How to Apply for Colgate Scholarship
To apply for the Colgate scholarship the participants must have a mobile/telephone connection and are required to perform the following actions:
- Give a missed call to 1800-313-4575, which is the toll-free number of Colgate scholarship. This number is also available on the back of every Colgate toothpaste box. There is no form provided to be filled for this scholarship.
- The participant will receive a call after some time and will be prompted to choose the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) option. Individuals who made a call to the above-provided number will be considered a participant of the scholarship offer.
- Upon selecting the IVRS option, the applicants have to provide answers for the two questions which would be asked. The questions will vary for every applicant. The participants should also provide details during the call which will be used later for verification.
- The name of the winners will be displayed on www.colgate.co.in and www.colgatecares.co.in.
- Answering the two questions correctly does not guarantee the scholarship offer.
Upon being selected as a winner of the scholarship offer. The recipients are requested to produce the following documents:
- Address proof (Drivers License, Passport or Voter Identity Card)
- Personal Account Number (PAN) card.
- Date of Birth proof (Birth certificate or Transfer Certificate)
- A form provided by Colgate which has to be filled.
The postage cost will be handled by the company.
Selection Procedure of Colgate Scholarship
From the applicants who have answered the two questions correctly, 501 entries would be chosen as winners by random sampling from a computer. Out of which 45 entries are randomly chosen to receive a scholarship worth ₹1,00,000 and the rest of the 456 applicants get a scholarship worth ₹10,000. The winners are selected on a completely random basis and Colgate doesn’t have any say in the selection process.
Terms and Conditions
- Only the children who are below the age of 21 will be entitled to receive the scholarship.
- Purchasing of Colgate products to participate in this scholarship offer is not a necessity.
- All individuals making a call to the toll-free number will get an opportunity to participate in this offer will be considered as a participant.
- Even if a scholarship winner has more than one child, he/she will be entitled to only one scholarship prize which should be utilised for the benefit of only one child’s education.
- Incomplete or incorrect detail provided during the telephonic conversation will not be entertained. In case of any wrong information provided, the offer will be summarily withdrawn.
- The scholarships cannot be used for any purpose other than the benefit of the child’s education.
- Individuals who apply for the scholarship offer authorize Colgate to communicate with them further regarding the same. In case the participant has DND status with their respective telecom provider. No such communication can be provided.
- If a winner is unable to contact Colgate regarding the offer within two weeks of the announcement, the concerned winner will be disqualified.
- In case of any disputes, the issue is subjected to the Mumbai court.
- Colgate holds the right to publicize the winners through any media if it so wishes to.
- By participating in the offer, the participant gives Colgate permission to use his/her identity in any medium is it so wishes to.