In India, medical courses among science students are the most preferred professional courses, but funding for an MBBS degree can be a challenging job. In comparison, the cost of government colleges is low. On average, the cost to study medicine in government colleges in India ranges between rupees 5,000 to rupees 30,000 per annum, with a yearly hostel fee around rupees 50,000. The best medical scholarship exam in India is mentioned below.
The importance of producing qualified doctors and medical researchers is recognized the world over. And this acknowledgement is one of the reasons for the widespread availability of graduate scholarships for medical students, offered at medical schools around the globe.
Just have a look!
Top Medical Scholarship Exam
This MBBS Scholarship is provided to Indian medical students who are studying in the 1st year or 2nd year in MBBS, BAMS, BHMS, BDS and Engineering. The student must have studied science in 10+2. The 1st and 2nd-year students to receive this scholarship are termed as ‘Senior I’. 3rd-year and 4th-year students are also eligible to apply for this scholarship. They will be called ‘Senior II’. NEST – Nation Wide Education and Scholarship Test conducts a qualifying examination.
- Students of MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BDS and class 12 (Science stream) are eligible to apply for ‘Senior I’ category.
- 3rd and 4th-year students are eligible to apply for ‘Senior II’ category.
- Enrolled in the colleges/universities and appearing in the final examinations of the current academic year.
Tuition fee with the maximum ceiling of INR 50,000.
AISEE is a national level merit-based scholarship entrance exam for Engineering and Medical Studies aspirants in India.
Through its program, AISEE has fueled dreams of more than 2 lakh talented engineering and medical students of India since its initiation.
This program provides benefits for higher education to those students who wish to get aid in their higher studies. It helps talented students from a weaker section in pursuing their career in engineering and medical scholarship exam in India.
The exam conducting board is registered with the Ministry of Finance act 1994 under the central excise department of India. The AISEE exam will be usually conducted in the month of April and May. The exam will be conducted all across India and the examination will be conducted in Online mode (Computer Based Test) only.
The students who are class 12th passed/appearing are eligible to form the application of this scholarship.
The scholarship is available for engineering, MBBS/BDS only.
The qualified students will be rewarded with the scholarship and awards based on their performance of AISEE examination.
The engineering and medical students of government college will be awarded 100% AISEE scholarship.
AISEE offers INR 80,000 for engineering and medical students of a private college.
Vahani is a non-profit organization which provides the Vahani Scholarship for the under graduated medical students who belong to the economically weaker background.
To give this fellowship, candidates are selected based on academic excellence, consistency & application quality, and economic hardships.
- Class XII Students come from extremely difficult circumstances.
- Untapped, bright potential.
A full tuition fee paid for an undergraduate degree course, accommodation, and a tablet.
Bharati Scheme for Education (BSE) is awarded to students who are Brahmins and their parents must reside in Andhra Pradesh. The applicant should fulfil the criteria of scoring pass marks in all subjects before applying for the scholarship. Their family income should be within rupees 30000 pa. Also, the candidate must not avail any other scholarship opportunity and they can only receive the benefits of Archaka Welfare Trust.
- Aspirants’ parents must belong to the Brahmin community living in Andhra Pradesh.
- All the subjects must be passed, till the last year of study by the students.
- Family income must be lower than INR 3 lakh per annum.
- No other scholarship benefit must be used by the applicant, except for the benefits of the Archaka Welfare Trust.
It gives awards to the qualified student up to INR 20,000.
Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyana Trust’s Scholarship Program
If you are applying for this scholarship you need to be a native of Karnataka with a family annual income not more than 1 lakh pa. You should also be a regular college student in a reputed college.
This fellowship is awarded by the Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Janakalyana Trust.
- The candidate should be a domicile of Karnataka
- Family annual income must not be higher than INR 1 lakh per annum.
- Regular students at reputed institutes.
- 10th/SSLC score should be more than 85%
International Medical Scholarship Eligibility Test (IM-SET)
International Medical Scholarship Eligibility Test can be applied to by Indian students who are studying in class 12. Students who are studying outside India in a CBSE school are also eligible. The test is conducted by American University of Barbados (AUB). In the 90 minutes test, students need to 90 MCQs of 1 mark each. The subjects include Physics (25), Chemistry (25), Botany (20) and Zoology (20).
- Students of Class 12 or Class 12 pass-outs from Private, Government and Govt.-Aided schools of any medium and any Board, in Indian Territory.
- Students of schools outside India affiliated to CBSE Board only.
Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Candidates must belong to West Bengal and they should be studying in the state to be considered as eligible. Candidates must have 75 per cent aggregate in class 12 and their family income should not cross the margin of rupees 2.5 lakh.
- West Bengal’s domicile and studying in West Bengal also.
- Have a minimum of 75% in 12th class (including two language subjects on five subjects).
- Family income must not exceed INR 2.5 lakh per annum.
The qualified student got an award of up to INR 8,000 per month.
Hope this article will help you in choosing the best scholarship for your future in fetching a dream career.
To know more about Engineering Scholarship Exam in India, read this Medium Article.