Saksham is a scholarship exam in India 2018 is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by of AICTE aimed at providing encouragement and support to specially-abled children to pursue Technical Education. This is an attempt to give every young student, who is otherwise specially abled, the
the opportunity too study further and prepare for a successful future.
- Meant for – It is meant for differently abled students to support them in getting technical education.
- Eligibility –
- An applicant should not have less than 40% disability
- His/her annual family income should not exceed ₹ 8,00,000 per annum
- Benefits of Scholarship exam in India 2018
- Students get tuition fee up to ₹ 30,000
- They also get ₹ 2,000 per month for 10 months period
- Entrance Exam date – The Saksham scholarship 2018-2019 is yet to be announced. Usually every year, the last date of the applications is November.
Salient Features of the Scheme
Total Number of Scholarship-1000 per Annum ( 500 for Degree and 500 for Diploma)
The Scholarships for Degree and Diploma are transferable in event of nonavailability of eligible applicant in any of the Degree/Diploma level Programme.
The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of
the AICTE approved Institution of a respective year through Centralized Admission
a process of the State/Central Government.
Specially Abled Student, having the disability of not less than 40%) and family income
not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of a
married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered).
The selection of a candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying
examination to peruse the respective Technical Degree/Diploma course from any of the
AICTE approved institution.
Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs. 30,000/- or at actual, whichever is less
and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals charges each year. In case
of Tuition fee waiver/reimbursement, Students are eligible to get an amount of
Rs. 30,000/- for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Softwares/
Laptop/Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications
forms/exam/ specific pieces of equipment/ software’s for visually impaired/ speech and hearing
Reservation-15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.
Document Required for the scholarship exam in India 2018
1. Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable.
2. Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed
format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar.
3. Disability certificate issued by Competent Authority i
4. Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in
5. Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute.
6. Tuition fee receipt.
7. AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account
number, IFSC code, and Photograph
8. PAN card (if available)
9. AADHAAR card.
10. Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their
a child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.