OBC scholarships are awarded to students/professionals from OBC category for economically weaker sections. The scholarship for OBC students is funded by the government of India as well as private enterprises.
The field of engineering and medical studies is considered to be a very diverse one as it opens up numerous job opportunities and career growth for technologically driven enthusiasts in India. However, at the same time, pursuing engineering and medicine can prove to be a costly affair and a lot of students may not be able to pursue it due to the financial issues. There are some government-funded and private-funded institutes where the fee structure may not be very high in India.
To support and encourage meritorious students and help them in pursuing their dream, several universities and organisations offer various scholarships.
Scholarship for OBC Students
The table below provides each and every information related to the scholarship exam in India for OBC students.
|S.No.||Scholarship Name||Government/Private||Total Number of Scholarship|
|1.||National fellowship for OBC||Government||300|
|2.||All India Scholarship Entrance Examination||Government||NA|
|3.||Merit Scholarship for OBC Students(Delhi)||State Government of Delhi||NA|
National Fellowship for OBC
The UGC has been implementing the scheme of National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (OBC) as entrusted & sponsored by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India. The fellowship is open to candidates who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC) and were pursuing higher studies such as regular and full-time, M.Phil., and PhD degrees in Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. There are 300 seats for the reward of fellowship every year for all the subjects for contemplation of application received through On-line submission from research scholar belonging to the OBC category. There is a facility of 3% reservation for seats for consideration of award of fellowship to research scholars for Persons with Disability (PwD) who belongs to OBC category.
1. The students should belong to OBC and should have passed the Post Graduate examination. The annual income of the family should not exceed INR 6.00 lakh per annum from all sources.
2. The student who is already registered for M.Phil./Ph.D. will be eligible for the consideration for the reward of fellowship under the cited scheme.
3. Transgender candidates are also eligible to apply under the fellowship. The reservation must be followed as per Government of India norms.
4. Selection will be made on the basis of merit of the students.
The number of seats for fellowship is 300.
Amount of Fellowship
|Fellowship in Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences||INR 25000/-p.m. for initial two years
INR 28000/-p.m. for remaining tenure
|Contingency A||INR 10000/-p.a. for initial two years
INR 20500/-p.a. for remaining tenure
|Contingency B||INR 12000/-p.a. for initial two years
INR 25000/-p.a. for remaining tenure
|Escorts/Reader assistance||INR 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically
handicapped & blind candidates
|HRA||As per rules of the Institutions/ universities||All Subjects|
AISEE is a national level merit-based scholarship entrance exam for Engineering and Medical Studies aspirants in India.
Through its program, AISEE has fueled dreams of more than 2 lakh talented engineering and medical students of India since its initiation.
This program provides benefits for higher education to those students who wish to get aid in their higher studies as medical and engineering scholarship exam in India.
The exam conducting board is registered with the Ministry of Finance act 1994 under the central excise department of India. The objective of the AISEE program is to provide financial assistance to meritorious engineering and medical students through the AISEE examinations.
The AISEE exam will be usually conducted in the month of April and May. The exam will be conducted all across India and the examination will be conducted in Online mode (Computer Based Test) only. Based on the candidate score in the AISEE examination, the scholarship will be funded to the respective students.
Amount of Scholarship
- AISEE provides scholarship up to INR 80,000 for medical and engineering students of private colleges.
- Scholarships up to 100% for medical and engineering students of government colleges.
The candidates of 12th appearing/passed out are eligible for this scholarship.
To know more about which scholarship exam in India is better for the students to pursue their dream career visit aisee.co.in.
Merit Scholarship for OBC Students
The SC/ST/OBC/Minorities runs by the Department of the Welfare, Delhi. It offers a merit-based scholarship for OBC students of class 6th-12th and professionals of technical institutes or colleges.
- OBC students of class 6th-12th, must score 55% and above.
- The annual income of a family should not exceed Rs. 2 lakh per annum.
- For professionals in technical institutes or colleges shall score 60% and above in class 12th or equivalent.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation scholarship is for meritorious students of the minority class. ONGC offers 1000 scholarship to OBC/SC/ST students who are in their 1st year of graduation or post-graduation courses.
Awards by Scholarship
The students are awarded a monthly allowance of Rs.4000 per month.
- The students pursuing 1st year in B.E., MBBS, Master in Geology and Geophysics, and MBA and must be an Indian.
- The students must have secured 60% in class 12th.
- The age limit of the candidate is 30 years.
- The family income of a family shall not exceed INR 2 lakh per annum.