The cost of pursuing an engineering course from a recognized college/university usually ranges in Lakhs. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. Especially women in India find very difficult to pursue their education because of lack of support. To help such students, there are scholarships for woman engineering students, that play a crucial role in funding their overall education expenses. To support these aspiring engineers, pursue their dream education, a number of universities, private organizations and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship for Woman Engineering Students is Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship.
Here, we are giving complete details about Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship?
This scholarship aims at recognizing outstanding female students in the field of technology. This scholarship is designed to provide an opportunity to Indian women who intend to enrol as a full-time student either in B. Tech or Dual Degree BTech/MTech. The objective of this scholarship is to recognize outstanding female students in the field of technology and also create gender equality in science, technology, and engineering domains by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become the future leaders and inspirations in the field.
Eligibility of Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship:
The eligible criteria for the Adobe India Women in Technology Scholarship are as mentioned below:
- Applicant must be a female Indian citizen student.
- Applicant should have enrolled as a full-time student in a 4 year BE / B.Tech education program or an Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute in the Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing streams.
- Any applicant who is a “related party” to an Adobe employee is not eligible to apply.
* Related Party – Any person having a relationship to an Adobe employee such as the spouse, domestic partner, child, parent, sibling, child-in-law, parent-in-law, or sibling-in-law; any other relative or person who lives in the household of an Adobe employee.
How to Apply for Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Open the official applicant link and enter email and create a password to register yourself and apply further.
Step 2: On click of ‘Create’, you will be redirected to fill out the form. Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
* No emailed applications will be accepted.
Applications must include:
- Letter of Recommendation from a Professor
- Academic transcripts from your current and past institutions
- Essays: Expect to answer short essay type questions.
* Check Portal for more details.
Awards and Benefits of Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship:
The eligible female students will get the following benefits:
- The student shall be funded with tuition fees for the remainder of the award recipient’s university education.
- Opportunity for Summer Internship at Adobe India.
- Mentoring by a senior technology leader from Adobe.
- Travel to Grace Hopper Conference India, including participation fees.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only female citizens of India and studying in Indian universities are eligible to apply.
- Internship, if selected, will be offered at Adobe India office. Terms & conditions of internships for India interns will apply.
- If selected for this scholarship, the winner will not be eligible for any other scholarships from Adobe for the same year.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a limit to the number of applications that can come from a single university or department?
2. How will the letter of recommendation be submitted?
Details will be provided on the portal.
3. When is the deadline for the letter of recommendation?
One week after the application deadline.
4. Will I be able to update my scholarship application once I submit?
Yes, changes can be made up until the submission deadline.
5. Do transcripts need to be official transcripts signed by the registrar?
Not when you apply. At a later stage in the selection process, official transcript signed by the registrar will be asked.
6. What should the recommendation letter include?
Recommendation letter will need to address:
– The duration the applicant is known and in what capacity.
– It should also include if the applicant belongs to the top 5, 10, or 20 percent of the students they have taught
– The applicant should be assessed on:
- Intellectual and analytic strengths
- Technical skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ambition and initiative
- Ability to work on a team
7. Can Master’s students apply?
Yes, if pursuing Dual Degree, i.e Integrated ME/MS/MTech program at an Indian University or Institute in the Computer Science/Engineering, Information Science, Data Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Math and Computing streams.