IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship is provided for the PhD program jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT-B) and Monash University located at Melbourne. The scholarship is provided to students who wish to pursue research in science, technology, humanities, mathematics, design, computer science and information technology. The scholarship program is provided to ease the financial burden the scholars and allow them to focus on pursuing their respective research.
Those who are interested in applying for the IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship need to match the following eligibility criteria set for application:
- Should have secured a first class master’s degree (with a minimum CGPA of 7.5) from any of the reputed institution or university.
- Should have secured a bachelors degree in science and engineering field with a very high CGPA.
- Candidates with a very high rank in any of the competitive exams (such as GRE, GATE, CSIR-NET, JAM etc.) are strongly encouraged to apply as this will play a significant role in the selection of candidates.
- Must have taken an English proficiency test such as the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Necessary at the time of applying for Australia’s visa process.
How to Apply for IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship
Candidates who are interested to apply for the IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship and meet the above-set eligibility criteria need to follow the given steps to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- Visit the IITB Monash Research Academy website by clicking on this link.
- Click on the Expression of Interest (EOI) button to and fill out the EOI form. This form enables the institute to gauge the background, academic records and research interests of the candidate.
- After filling out the form you will receive an email mentioning whether you are eligible to proceed for the next step of the application process.
- Upon finding you application suitable, you will be given a unique Form A Number (FAN), which will be specifically used for identifying you.
- The academy will also ask for all the documents required for the application process including marks card of your bachelor’s and master’s degree, publications among others.
- After verification of your documents and finding it up to satisfaction, the candidates will be called for an interview and test round to be held in the campus.
- The campus written tests will consist of three sections, namely, general aptitude, English proficiency and logical reasoning. You have to complete the test in an hour.
- In the next round, you will be provided with a research paper which you will have to read and provide a summary within an hour.
- Final face to face interview round will be held, and if found satisfactory you will be selected for the scholarship.
After completing the Expression of Interest (EOI) round and finding your application satisfactory, you will be asked to provide the following documents through an email:
- Proof of identification.
- Transcripts of previous academic achievements.
- Certifications (if obtained any)
- Competitive examination scorecard indicating ranks.
Selection Procedure of IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship
The selection procedure is purely based on merit. The selection process will take into account academic achievement, research interests and performance in various competitive examinations related to the applicants’ field. Research related to the interests of important industrial partners will also be taken into consideration. A third class AC fare amount will be provided for the applicants to and from IIT Bombay to the applicant’s place of residence. Acccomidation for the candidates who are appearing for the interview will be provided.
Those who are selected for the IITB Monash Research Academy scholarship program receive the following monetary compensation as well as other benefits:
- A total of ₹372000 will be provided for the initial two years.
- That amount will be incremented to ₹420000 in the final two years.
- While the scholar’s stay in Australia, a grant of AUS$25850 will be provided.
- Will be provided with supervision by IITB and Monash University professors.
- Will receive a PhD degree badged by both IITB and Monash University.
- Access to world-class research facilities.
- Receive an additional fellowship from Monash University.
Terms and conditions
- There is no age limit to apply for IITB Monash Research Academy Scholarship.
- There is no formal cutoff for application of the scholarship program. But the CGPA is expected to be very high.
- The chances of getting a married accommodation are very slim due to the limited availability of such rooms.
- Intakes will happen during the months of June and December.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply.
- Students who are pursuing MBBS are also eligible to apply for the scholarship program.