The British Council is offering 198 scholarships for Indian students worth 1 million pounds for the academic year 2017-2018. 40 institutes across the UK are participating in this program. The British Council has announced the Great Britain Scholarships for Indian students intending to study in the UK.
The Great Britain Scholarships for Indian students for the year 2017 are divided into 29 undergraduate scholarships and 169 postgraduate scholarships. The undergraduate and postgraduate courses include Engineering, Law, Art and Design, Management, Business and IT, Bio-Science and more.
Eligibility Criteria for Great Britain Scholarship for Indian students:
- The first and the mail requirement to apply for this scholarship is the nationality. Only Indian national students are eligible to apply for the Great Britain Scholarship 2017.
- The entry requirement is different according to each university and will be available on the university’s official website.
- For an entry into the undergraduate course, the educational qualifications should be equivalent to the ones recognized in the UK.
- For postgraduate courses, a relevant undergraduate degree is a must.
- Work experience could be an eligibility criterion for some courses under this scholarship as well.
Application Date and Documents Required
Applications dates vary depending on the University. However, the documents required for the scholarship are listed below.
- Bank Statements
- Police Registration Certificate
- English Language Proficiency Certificate
- Previous Qualifications
- Scholarship Letter (if receiving one)
- TB Test Results (not applicable to UK residents)
Test Requirements and English Language Requirements. All universities will have various entry-level tests that need to be cleared to get admission into one of their courses. The test scores needed for a Law course will be on the higher side.
English Language proficiency tests accepted by all the universities are International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), and Cambridge English Language Assessment. The English Language test needs to be approved by UK Visa and Immigration Services.