Google has partnered with Lime Connect in 2008 to provide the Google Lime Scholarship for Computer Science Students with Disabilities. Lime Connect is a not for profit organisation which aim to support disabled people by helping them in aspects such as academic achievement. The Google Lime Scholarship initiative hopes to inspire and motivate disabled students to break into computing and technology fields and become one of the future leaders of this field.
To apply for the Google Lime Scholarship, the applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- The candidate must have a visible or invisible disability. Check here to know more about the disability as defined by Lime Connect.
- Must have enrolled for under graduation or graduation in any of the recognised institution, college or university.
- Have a plan to enrol into a university or college situated in USA and Canada in about a year’s time.
- Have an excellent academic track record.
- Must be pursuing a degree in computer science or any related courses.
- Have a passion for computer science and any related subjects.
- Must display leadership skills.
How to Apply for Google Lime Scholarship
Those who satisfy and are found to satisfy the above eligibility criteria can proceed to apply for the Google Lime Scholarship by taking the following steps:
- The applicants can click on the link provided.
- Click on the “Join/Login to network” option to proceed with the application process.
- Fill out all the necessary information in the required fields.
- Provide short answers to all the questions. A total of 5 essay type question will be asked.
- Upload a scanned copy of your resume and transcripts of your previous colleges or institutions.
- Provide a minimum of one letter of recommendation from any of your supervisors, professors or advisers.
- Click on the SUBMIT button to successfully apply for the scholarship.
To successfully apply for the Google Lime Scholarship, the following documents must be uploaded during the application process:
- Proof of disability from any of the qualified medical practitioners.
- A scanned copy of the resume.
- A scanned copy of unofficial transcripts from the candidate’s previous academic institutions. Names and emails of all the referees must be entered in the scholarship portal before the deadline day.
- A copy of mark sheets of current academic year/semester as well as previous academic years/semesters.
- A proof of identification.
Selection Procedure of Google Lime Scholarship
The candidates who will receive the Google Lime Scholarship will be selected on the basis of academic merit answers given to the 5 essay type questions and other application materials provided during the time of application. The following criteria will be considered for the selection of the candidates:
- Excellent academic track record and achievement over a period of time.
- A strong display of passion for computer science and any related fields.
- Ambition and leadership qualities displayed by the student.
Those who are selected for the scholarship will receive an amount of US$10,000 if they are studying in the United States of America and will receive CAD$5,000 if they are pursuing their education in Canada. The amount will be provided to cover up the tuition fees as well as other expenses related to their education. In addition to that, the scholarship winner will be invited to Google Scholars retreat event in Summer of the next academic year.
Terms and conditions
- Students who have already received Google Lime Scholarship in previous years are not eligible to apply again.
- Students who still in their high school education are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The verification process will be held after the students have been selected, in case of any false or incorrect information is provided, the scholarship offer will be withdrawn.
- Only students who are enrolled in a full-time course are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship offer will be revoked if the scholar no longer meets the eligibility requirements.
- The scholarship offer will be revoked if the scholar does not wish to maintain or meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students who did not join their desired universities even after one year of receiving the scholarship will have their offer withdrawn, except under special circumstances.