Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship is exclusive for girls pursuing an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any of the recognised colleges. This scholarship is handed out by HUL, a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) giant under Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scheme. Girls attending coaching classes for various examinations are also eligible to apply for this scholarship. There are a total of 55 scholarships available and the distribution of it will be solely decided by HUL. This is a one-time scholarship and a total amount of 25000 to 50000 rupees is provided for each student.
Candidates who match the following criteria are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Girls who wish to pursue a UG or PG degree.
- Are in between 15 to 30 years old.
- Have completed their class XII board exam with at least 60%.
- Have secured at least 60% marks in their class X board exams.
- Overall family income should not exceed 6 lakhs per annum.
How to Apply for Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship, the student has to take the following steps:
- Click on this link to apply using an active email or facebook account.
- Fill out all the necessary details and press the sign up button.
- The page will be redirected to this link.
- The student has to login again using the registered email ID.
- Follow the steps give and fill out all the necessary details.
- Provide the scanned copies of the documents mentioned below.
- Answer the two essay type questions in 600 words on why they are pursuing the desired course and how this scholarship can help them achieve their goals.
- Press the submit button.
Scanned copies of the following documents are required for the application:
- One passport size photo
- Any Proof of identification (Voter Identity Card, Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Driver’s License or 10th std Marks Card)
- Proof for Date of Birth (Birth Certificate, Valid Indian Passport, 10th std Marks Card or Driver’s License)
- A copy of the following qualification certificates: Class 10 and Class 12 marks card, Degree completion certificate (for post-graduation application) and Degree marks card (for post-graduation application).
- Proof of income (Income certificate, Below Poverty Line (BPL) card and Latest monthly pay slip (of family’s main wage earners))
- Admission Proof (Latest fee receipt and Letter of admission from a government recognised college)
Only female candidates are eligible for this scholarship. The selection process is based on a percentile and interview basis. During application, the candidates are expected to provide the personal, academic, reference and income details. They should answer two subjective type questions in 600 words on why they require the scholarship and how it will help them pursue their degrees. Based on these details the applicants are given a percentile ranking. The percentile takes into consideration merit, difficulties faced by the student (orphan, physical handicap etc.), family income and streams.
The shortlisted candidates will be subjected to the final round consisting of a telephonic interview. An experienced panel will hold a 10-15 minute long interview with all the shortlisted candidates. The interview questions will be decided by the HUL scholarship team and it will be held in Hindi, English or any of the south Indian languages. A list of top and final candidates will be provided based upon the interview round.
|Application Date||September 1st 2018|
|Application Closing Date||October 30th 2018|
|Declaration of shortlisted candidates||November 10th 2018|
|Telephonic Interview Round slot booking||November 12th – 22nd 2018|
|Final Telephonic Interview||November 15th – December 6th 2018|
|Result Declaration||December 2018 (Midweek)|
|Onboarding Documentation||Until January 15th 2018|
|Disbursements of Funds||February 2019 (1st week)|
Terms and Conditions
- There is only 55 number of scholarships available.
- The final list of scholarship recipients will be solely based on and their performance on the final telephonic interview round.
- The students who are pursuing the following courses/classes are eligible for the scholarship:
- Completed 12th standard in PCMB, Commerce, PCM, PCB, or Arts.
- Pursuing Graduation in BDS, PA, B.Sc, B.Com, B.SL LL.B, BBA LLB, B.Com. LLB, BE/B.Tech, BBA, B.Pharma, LLB, BCA, B.Arch, BHMS, BAMS, BHM, B.P.Ed, MBBS, B.Ed.
- Pursuing Post Graduation courses in MBBS, M.Sc, M.Pharma, ME/M.Tech, M.Arch, LLM, MCA, MBA, MDS, M.Com, MHMS, MAMS, MD, xM.P.Ed, M.Ed, Others
- Are attending coaching classes for Banking Services, Civil Services, IIT-JEE-Engneering, CA-CS-ICWA, Language-English Communication, Government Services, CAT-MBA, PMT-AIIMS-MBBS.