Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MMA), Government of India to girl students belonging to minority communities. This scheme was earlier known as Maulana Azad Education Foundation. Inaugurated by the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in the academic year 2003-04. The Begum Hazrat Mahal national scholarship aims to recognize and provide financial assistance to girl students belonging to national minority communities who are unable to continue their education. Until now, more than 2.5 lakh girl students amounting to ₹400 crores have been given assistance through this scheme. The amount provided can be used to cover admission/tuition fees, books and to cover residential charges. Announcements for the applications will be made in the official website as well as through various media portals.
Candidates who are wishing to apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship must match the following criteria to be eligible for Begum Hazrat Mahal scholarship:
- The candidate must be a girl student.
- Must belong to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain, Parsi or Buddhist community.
- Should be in between 9th to 12th standard.
- Must have secured at least 50% aggregate score or an equivalent grade in the previous standard.
- The total family income should not exceed ₹2 lakhs per annum.
- Should be a resident of India.
How to Apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
If the candidate matches all the above criteria and is willing to apply for the scholarship, the following steps must be followed to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- Press on this link to apply for the scholarship.
- Click on the “registration” tab button located above and then “Apply for fresh registration” to begin the registration process.
- After reading the instructions, press the “Continue button.
- Fill out all the fields in the application form.
- Take a printout of the filled application form.
- Post the filled application form with the required documents to the following address:
Secretary & CEO
MAULANA AZAD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
Maulana Azad Campus, Chelmsford Road
Opposite New Delhi Railway Station (Paharganj side)
The following documents are to be sent through the post to Maulana Education Foundation for the application to be considered for the scholarship:
- A Printed copy of the filled application form.
- An attested photograph of the student. The attestation should be provided by the head (Principal/headmaster) of the student’s school.
- Income certificate of the student’s parent or guardian.
- Attested institution verification form.
- Marksheet of the previous section. The mark sheet should be attested by the student.
- Minority community certificate.
- Photo/”Xerox” copy of the first page of student’s bank/postal account passbook.
- Photo/”Xerox” copy of student’s Aadhar card.
Selection Procedure of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
There is no prior examination or effort required by the student to receive the scholarship amount. However, there is a limit on the number of scholarships which will be provided and the preference is given based on:
- The income level of the parents. The lowest income level of the parents will be given preference in ascending order.
- The state/Union Territory quota. A certain amount of scholarships is set for each state and union territory based upon the minority community density taken from the 2011 census.
The amount of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarships provided to the students will be based upon the class the student is in. The amount will be provided to cover the admission fees, tuition fees and maintenance allowance.
|Students studying in IXth and Xth standard||A maximum ₹10000 which will be provided in two instalments (₹5000 each)|
|Students studying in XIth and Xth standard||A maximum ₹12000 which will be provided in two instalments (₹6000 each)|
Terms and Conditions
- Migration of students from one institution to another will not be encouraged with the exception of a few circumstances.
- The amount will be directly provided to the student’s account via DBT mode as per the details that were given by the student.
- Any other mode of transfer of money will not be entertained and provided.
- Students getting who are already getting a scholarship amount through any other scheme are not eligible to receive the scholarship under this scheme.
- In the event of a student taking a gap year or discontinuation of her studies, the scholarship offer will be cancelled or suspended.
- No fresh application from the candidates will be accepted if the candidate fails to submit their application within the given time limit.
- The scholarship amount will be immediately cancelled and the amount already provided will be recovered if the information or the document provided by the student was found to be false.
- After discontinuing the scholarship for any reason, the scholarship will not be revived under any circumstance.
- The rules provided are subject to change over time.
- No scholarship amount will be provided to students living abroad.
- If the student has submitted the application more than once, the application shall stand cancelled.
- Minority students belonging to any other category apart from the ones shown above are not eligible for the scholarship.