AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme is provided to girl students who are pursuing courses in Technical and engineering education. This initiative is handled by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The main motive of this scheme is to encourage girl students to play a crucial role in the development of India by encouraging and equipping them with knowledge and skill necessary for them to pursue a career in technical education. Around 4000 scholarships are provided for each year and out of which, 2000 is given to the students pursuing technical diploma courses and 2000 of them given to the students pursuing technical graduation.
Applicants those who are interested in applying for AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme should check out the following points to see if they are eligible for the scholarship or not:
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen and a resident of the country.
- The applicant should be a female candidate.
- The total income of the family should not be more than six lakhs per year.
- Only one girl per child per family is allowed to apply for the scholarship.
- Girl candidates who have applied to pursue a technical or engineering course in diploma or undergraduate (bachelors) level are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates must be pursuing their education from an approved institution by AICTE.
- The applicants must be in the first year of their respective technical course.
How to Apply for AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme
Students who meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme must take the given steps to successfully apply for the program. Applying for the program doesn’t directly amount to the applicant being offered the scholarship:
- Click on the link here to go to the login page.
- Press on the “Register here” option for the first time applicants.
- After providing your email details, a confirmation link will be sent to the email.
- Go to the respective email to confirm your account.
- After confirmation, go back to the login page and login to the account using the details (user ID and password which you provided at the time of registration.
- Start providing all the necessary details at the required fields.
- Under the Personal details section/tab, provide all the personal details such as name, date of birth etc.
- Under the Family and income details section/tab, provide all the required information regarding your family and income of your family members.
- Under the Institute details section/tab, provide the necessary details about the institution you have admission into, the course you are pursuing, the course fee details etc.
- Under the Education Details tab/section, provide the Xth and Xth marks and other related details.
- Under the Bank details tab/section, provide the required bank account details which is connected to the student’s Aadhar card. The scholarship amount will be provided in this account upon selection.
- In the Document’s tab/section, all the necessary documents mentioned below should be provided.
While applying for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme, the students are requested to provide all the scanned copy of all the following documents to successfully register for the scholarship. If any of the required document is missing prior to the last date of submission, the application will be rejected.
- 10th standard board examination or Senior School Certificate (SSC) mark sheet.
- 12th standard board examination or Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) mark sheet.
- Yearly Family income certificate of the previous year provided by the local Tahsildar office or any other similar recognised competent authority.
- Proof of admission to any of the recognised technical institution in any one of the eligible courses. The admission letter has to be provided by a recognised competent authority.
- Tuition fees receipt of the last tuition fees paid by the applicant.
- The first page of the bank account passbook which is connected to the applicant’s Aadhar account. The copy should contain the photograph, signature of the manager, IFSC code and the account number.
- Certification provided by the head of the institution or the manager.
- Caste or community certificate provided by a competent authority.
- Letter providing parent’s/guardian’s consent and should contain a statement regarding repayment of the scholarship amount.
- Scanned copy of applicant’s Aadhar account.
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s photograph.
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s signature.
The scanned copies of the photograph, as well as signature, should be in JPEG or JPG format with the size of the photograph should be less than 200kb and the size of the signature should be less than 200kb. All the documents provided should be JPG, PNG or PDF formats.
Selection Procedure of AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme
The applicants must have provided complete and accurate information along with all the necessary information to be considered for the scholarship process. The selection process is purely based on the performance of the candidate during the central qualifying examination of the technical institute. Reservation quotas are also applicable to the distribution of the scholarships and will be provided in the following ways:
- 15% of the 4000 scholarships are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% of the 4000 scholarships are reserved for the Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 27% of the 4000 scholarships are reserved for the Other Backward candidates.
Amount provided and other features
For the students who are selected for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme will be offered the following amount and are also subject to other benefits as described below:
- ₹30000 per annum or all of the tuition fees, whichever is lesser.
- Hostel fees amount of ₹2000 per month for a total of ten months. This amount is only provided for covering the hostel fees.
- In the event of the waiver of the tuition fees, the student is free to utilise ₹30000 provided to any of the expenses towards her education as she deems fit. The expenses may include books, laptops, vehicles, certification etc.
Terms and conditions
- The candidate must be in the 1st year of her respective technical degree or diploma from an AICTE recognised institution/university/college to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The scholarship can be transferred to some other eligible student in case the student wishes to discontinue the offer.
- Only one girl child per family is eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The selection will be purely on the basis of merit and the performance of the candidate in the qualifying examination of the respective technical institute will be taken into consideration. Provided the institute is recognised by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The consent of the applicant’s parents or guardians is a necessity to apply for the scholarship.
- Submission of the Aadhar card is not mandatory, but it can be provided as one of the proofs of identification.
- Only online applications for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme will be entertained and any attempts to provide the offline versions of the same will be summarily rejected.
- In case the applicant has forgotten the password of the login details, the student can access the forgot password option provided in the login page.
- The scholarships will be provided only to the savings bank account given by the applicant at the time of registration. The amount will be provided through Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT).
- Students obtaining admission through Management quota are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme.
- Students availing any other scholarships provided by either Central or State government are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme.