AICTE Pragati Saksham Scholarships 2018 -19 (1st Year Batch)
Pragati Scholarship exam in India Scheme 2018-19- All India Council Technical Education (AICTE) invites online applications for Scholarship Schemes mentioned below.
About Pragati Scholarship 2018
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scholarship will be given to any single girl of a family for pursuing her undergraduate professional/diploma courses. In a year total, 4000 scholarship will be offered to the selected girl students. The Pragati Scholarship Application 2018-19 is open.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme 2018 for Girl Students
Pragati is an MHRD Scheme being implemented by of AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill, and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process.
This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”
Find below the highlights of the AICTE Pragati Scholarship 2018-19.
Pragati Scholarship exam in India Rewards
- The AICTE Pragati Scholarship rewards a total of 4000 scholarships to girl scholars, of which 2000 scholarships are given to students pursuing diploma and 2000 to degree students. The details of the Pragati Scholarship 2018 amount are highlighted below.
- The selected students receive a tuition fee of INR 30,000 or the actual tuition fee amount, whichever is less.
- The selected candidates also become eligible to get INR 2000 per month for 10 months as incidental charges each year.
- In case of tuition fee waiver or reimbursement, the scholarship amount of INR 30,000 is reimbursed to students in the form of the following activities.
- Purchase of books
- Purchase of equipment
- Purchase of laptops and software
- Purchase of desktops
- Purchase of vehicle
- Fees paid towards competitive examination application forms/exam fees for all examinations related to higher education/employment.
Eligibility Criteria For Pragati Scholarship exam in India Scheme
- Two Girls Child per family are eligible, whose family income is not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of a married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered)
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of a respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government
For Pragati Saksham Scholarship Scheme
- Specially Abled Student, having the disability of not less than 40% and family income not more than 8 lakh per annum during the preceding financial year (in case of a married girl, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher will be considered)
- The candidate should be admitted to 1st year of Degree/Diploma course in any of the AICTE approved Institution of a respective year through Centralized Admission process of the State/Central Government.
- Reservation is 15% for SC, 7.5%, ST and 27% for OBC candidates/applicants.
- The selection of a candidate will be made on merit on the basis of qualifying exam to peruse the respective Technical Degree/ Diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
- To help applicants in the application process, AICTE allows them to fill the Pragati scholarship application form through the AICTE Portal. Follow the steps highlighted below to fill the application form.
- Eligible Candidates who are already admitted in AICTE approved institutions for first year Degree/Diploma in the academic year 2018-19, may apply for the scholarship on AICTE portal at www.aicte-india.org
- Navigate to AICTE Portal at https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/ to register for Pragati or Saksham Scheme. Click on “Register Here” to create the new profile. Enter the details and click on “Register”
- Confirmation e-mail link will be sent to the registered e-mail ID. Please click on the link to confirm your registration
- Login again at https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/ with the registered e-mail Id/Username and Password to fill an online application form
- Incomplete applications are liable to be rejected summarily
- Details of the Scheme are available on AICTE website www.aicte-india.org.
Document Required to apply for Pragati Scholarship 2018-19
- Mark Sheet of standard Xth /XIIth / others as applicable;
- Annual family Income Certificate for the preceding financial year in the prescribed format issued by not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter issued by Directorate of Technical Education for the admission in Diploma/Degree Course
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/ Head of the Institute
- Tuition fee receipt.
- AADHAR seeded Bank Pass Book in the name of the student indicating Account number, IFSC code, and Photograph
- Caste Certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
- AADHAR Card
- Declaration by parents duly signed stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.
- In the year 2018, the Last Date to Apply for the Pragati Scholarship is 10th October 2018