The cost of pursuing higher studies in engineering, medical or any degree course from a recognized college/university is expensive. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. To support such and to pursue their dream education, a number of NGOs, business groups, government programmes, and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship for students aspiring higher studies provided by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) is ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students.
Here, we are giving complete details about ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is ONGC Scholarship?
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation under its Scholarship Programme offers 500 Scholarships to meritorious SC/ST students of worth Rs. 48,000/- per annum each. The ONGC Scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious economically backward General/OBC Category/SC/ST students.
Eligibility for ONGC Scholarship:
- The scholarships are provided only for Indian nationals and for studies in India.
- Applicant must be a studying 1st year in Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA.
- The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by ISC/CBSE/MCI/AICTE/UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks or equivalent (OGPA/CGPA of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of the grading system) in 12th class.
- The applicant should belong to the family whose annual income from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum.
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30years as on 1st of October,2016 for the Academic Session.
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship?
STEP 1: The candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria may submit their application in the prescribed application format that can be downloaded from ONGC’s official website.
STEP 2: Fill out the application form and enclose all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/College/University.
STEP 3: Send the application form with the supporting documents to the designated office of ONGC. The ONGC office address to be sent to is as follows:
|Zone||Addresses Of Designated Office|
|Zone –1 (North): J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttrakhand, Uttar Pradesh.||Chief Manager (HR), SC/ST Cell, Green Hills, A-Wing, Ground Floor, ONGC, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248 003|
|Zone -2 (West): Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli||I/C HR/ER Services, 11-High, ONGC, Bandra Sion Link Road, Mumbai – 400 017|
|Zone –3 (North East): Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||I/C HR/ER, ROB-III, 2nd Floor, ONGC, Assam Asset, P.O. Nazira Sivasagar – 785685|
|Zone-4 (East): Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal.||I/C HR/ER, MBA Basin, ONGC, 50-J.L. Nehru Road, Kolkata-7000 71|
|Zone -5 (South): Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands||I/C HR/ER, ONGC, 7th Floor, East Wing, CMDA TowerI, No. 1, Gandhi Irwin Road, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008|
Benefits of ONGC Scholarship:
The selected candidates are eligible for the Scholarship amount of Rs.4000/- per month. So a total of Rs 48,000/- per annum.
1. Engineering (4 years): 247 Scholarships – Rs.4000/-
2. MBBS (4 years): 45 Scholarships – Rs.4000/-
3. MBA (2 years): 73 Scholarships – Rs.4000/-
Masters in Geology/Geophysics (2 years): 135 Scholarships – Rs.4000/-
*50% Scholarships are Reserved for Girl Students
Zone wise Distribution:
Zone-I (North): J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh [100 Scholarships]
Zone-II (West): Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli [100 Scholarships]
Zone-III (North West): Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura [100 Scholarships]
Zone-IV (East-West): Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal [100 Scholarship]
Zone-V (South): Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands [100 Scholarships]
Terms and Conditions:
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in the case of a student getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarship.
- The continuation of scholarship once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate.
- The scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10-grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination secured less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for the scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12thclass for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student.