The cost of pursuing higher studies in engineering or medical from a recognized college/university usually ranges in Lakhs. Either a government college or a private college, a majority of students find it difficult to meet the costly expenses of the course and there is a need for financial aid. To support such Medical and Engineering aspirants and to pursue their dream education, a number of NGOs, business groups, government programmes, and corporates are offering various scholarships. One such Scholarship provided by the government to support such students is Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College & University Students.
Here, we are giving complete details about Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College & University Students, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College & University Students?
This scholarship is being offered by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The main objective of the scholarship is to support meritorious students from financially weaker sections by providing them financial support for their day-to-day expenses incurred while pursuing higher studies.
To apply for the Scholarship, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicant must be pursuing a regular engineering or medical course from a college/institution recognized by the AICTE, Dental Council of India, Medical Council of India and other respective regulatory authorities
- Applicant must have scored 80% or more in the relevant stream in class 12.
- Applicant should belong to a family not having an annual income of more than INR 8 Lac from all the sources.
- Applicant should not be receiving any other scholarship.
Note: The students of all categories can apply for this scholarship. Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence are not eligible.
How to Apply for this Scholarship?
Follow the below steps to apply for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal and Click on New Student? Register Here.
Step 2: Fill out the basic details to get the OTP to fill the application form. Select the state of domicile, the name of the scholarship applying, scheme type, name of the applicant, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID and other details.
Step 3: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFS Code, Account Number).
Step 4: Submit the form. The mobile number provided will be verified through OTP.
Step 5: Login using the OTP and fill out the application form and Submit.
Step 6: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for the future references.
Note: Application Form should be filled correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. And, only one application should be filled by an application. Multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
Benefits of Scholarship:
The students selected for this scholarship are provided financial support as per their education level. The Scholarship amount will be credited to the respective candidate’s bank account, as furnished during the application submission. The Scholarship amount will be provided for up to a maximum of 10 months in an academic year.
- At graduation level, a scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum will be provided for the first three years.
- At post-graduation level, an amount of INR 20,000 per annum will be provided.
- For 5-year professional courses, INR 20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th year.
- Aadhaar (or any ID proof such as Aadhaar enrollment ID slip, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport etc. can be used).
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Income certificate.
Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship is not applicable to students pursuing a diploma course.
- Students belonging to reserved categories/minorities/weaker sections are eligible for reservation on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
- The applications of students which are not verified either by the Institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as ‘Invalid’.
- The total duration of the scholarship will not be exceeding 5 years.
To know more, click here.