There are various Scholarships and fellowships offered by various universities and government to encourage the young and enthusiastic talents aspiring research and development works. One such Fellowship Programme provided by the government for Ph.D. is Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Research.
Here, we are giving complete details about Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Research, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its benefits, documents required and more.
What is the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Research?
The Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship is a scholarship conferred by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund to Indian citizens carrying out scholarly research in India. The duration of the scholarship is 2 years. This scheme is aimed at encouraging young, talented, enthusiastic and result-oriented scholars to take up industry-relevant research.
To apply for the Scholarship, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicant must hold a First Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and postgraduate level,
- Applicant must already be registered/admitted for the Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. (Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply).
- Applicant must be under 35 years of age.
- Applicant must be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
Areas of Specialization:
Applications may apply for the scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
How to Apply?
Follow the below steps to apply for the JNMF Scholarship:
* Incomplete and unsigned forms are liable to be rejected.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100.
- Ph.D. registration certificate.
Benefits of Scholarship:
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum