There are various Scholarships and fellowships offered by various universities and government to encourage the young and enthusiastic talents aspiring research and development works. One such Fellowship Programme provided by the government for Ph.D. is Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research.
Here, we are giving complete details about Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its benefits and more.
What is the Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research?
Prime Minister’s Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Research is offered by Science and Engineering Research Board, Government of India to Ph.D. scholars for their postdoctoral research work in various fields and to cater their needs by providing financial assistance to them. This scheme is aimed at encouraging young, talented, enthusiastic and result-oriented scholars to take up industry-relevant research. Under this scheme, the full-time Ph.D. scholars get double the money that they would otherwise get for doing research.
To apply for the Scholarship, the candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a full-time Ph.D. scholar since last 14 months from the date of submission of applications in any recognized Indian University /Institute / Research Laboratory.
- Applicant must have an excellent academic track record
- One doctoral fellow and one industry jointly should apply, i.e an Applicant must have a valid industry partner who is ready to support the research project financially.
- The mutually agreed topic of research should be innovative and have practical relevance to industrial applications.
Areas of Specialization:
Applications may apply for the scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
How to Apply?
Follow the below steps to apply:
Benefits of Scholarship:
Under this Fellowship programme, a total of 100 fellowships of worth INR 8.7 Lac per annum will be awarded to selected students.
Release of Fellowship amount to Research scholar will be on a monthly basis. Which means, the selected student for fellowship shall receive a monthly stipend ranging from INR 55,000 to INR 72,800 depending on the HRA.
- PhD enrollment and registration certificate.
- High school and Intermediate certificates.
- Graduation/Post Graduation certificates.
- Scan copy of other diploma certificates.
- Recent passport size photograph.
- Ph.D. supervisor’s bio-data (not more than three pages).
- Partner company’s profile and its logo.
- Profile of host institute.
- Industry mentor’s bio-data (not more than three pages).
- Undertaking from the Research Supervisor and Head of the Organization of the institute.
- Undertaking from the industry partner in the research project.
- Letter from the industry partner on the letterhead of the company with the research problem and the future plan for implementation details mentioned (if any).
Last date for online submission of form: Within 14 months from registration in PhD.
Receipt of funds by CII: By the date mentioned in the mail sent by CII and by 15th of March thereafter every year