Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Scholarship is provided to students those who have successfully or on the verge of successfully completing their post-graduate degree with a high score and would like to continue in the field of their interest by pursuing a research degree. The Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education is a private Deemed to be University based in Mumbai which focuses on promoting science-based education. Its motive is to expand the boundaries of science and mathematics education through research and studies. They provide support as such to a child right from their primary education till he/she pursues research in their field of interest, that is science and maths. The scholarship is provided to students who are pursuing research in the following fields:
- Computer Science
- Chemical Science
- Earth Sciences
- Physical Science
- Biological Science
Those who are willing to apply for this scholarship must satisfy the following conditions to be eligible for the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Scholarship:
- The interested candidates must in the final year of the of his/her post-graduation or should have attained the post graduation in any of the subjects given in the list.
- Should have secured a good (as compared to other applicants) percentage (or any other equivalent score) in his/her previous academic records. This includes the marks secure in his/her graduation, post-graduation as well as Xth and XIIth board exams.
- Must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants must be pursuing research in any of the listed subjects.
How to Apply for Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Scholarship
The invitation for application will be announced on their website. You can check out for the same by clicking on this link. Interested students who meet the eligibility requirements must follow the given steps to successfully register their application for the scholarship:
- Provide all the details in the required fields in the application form.
- Update the soft copies of all the required documents wherever asked or mentioned.
- An amount of ₹300 should be provided towards Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education.
- After performing all the necessary actions. Click on the SUBMIT button.
If the candidate wishes to apply through offline mode, he/she can download the application form from the website and fill out all the required details. Send a post to the address given below with hard copies of all the required documents. A Demand Draft (DD) of ₹300 payable towards Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (TIFR) payable at Mumbai should also be mentioned as such. The address of the institution is as given below, all posts and communication should be directed towards the given address:
Sr. Administrative Officer,
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
V.N.Purav Marg, Mankhurd
Mumbai – 400 088
The interested candidates who are willing to apply for the scholarship must prepare the following documents to successfully register for the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Scholarship. The candidates are also expected to have all copies of the following documents at hand to immediately provide it whenever demanded:
- Proof of citizenship of the candidate (Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport etc).
- Proof of Date of Birth of the candidate.
- A copy of Class X certificate.
- A copy of Class XII certificate.
- Final Marks card of graduation certificate indicating overall grade (or equivalent score).
- Final Marks card of post-graduation certificate indicating overall grade (or equivalent score).
- A hard copy of the application form (if applying in offline mode).
- Proof of application for a research degree from a recognised institution, college or university
Selection Procedure of Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Scholarship
The initial selection and shortlisting process will be purely based on merit. The applicants will be filtered out on their previous academic track record and the quality of research they are looking to pursue. The candidates who have been shortlisted will be called for an interview process at the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education. The interview will be conducted by a highly qualified committee who would question the candidates on their area of interest and research work they are going to pursue. On the basis of recommendations given by the said highly qualified committee, the final list of shortlisted candidates for the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarship will be released before the commencement of the academic year.
Those who are shortlisted for the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarship will initially receive a monthly stipend of ₹8000 before the commencement of his/her research work in the institution of the candidates choice. Upon successful registration for the PhD degree in the institution of his/her choice, the stipends received by the candidate increases by ₹1500 to ₹9500.
The annual contingency grant is valued to be at ₹10000 which the candidate will receive on a yearly basis. In addition to the all of this, the candidate is also supposed to receive an amount of ₹4000 to cover his/her tuition fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidate must be a resident of India.
- The applicant must have successfully applied for a research degree or in the process of applying for a research degree in any recognised institution of the applicant’s choice.
- Incomplete applications provided by the applicants will be considered as void and will be summarily rejected.
- The candidates should have a good academic track record. Those who have any history of backlogs or if at any instance their academic track falls below the average grade, their applications will not be accepted and would be summarily rejected.
- In the event of failure to provide any of the required documents within the stipulated time, their applications will be summarily rejected.
- For candidates who avail any other scholarships beyond the Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education Scholarship, the institute should be informed of so. In the event of failure or neglect to do so, the scholarship offer will be summarily withdrawn.
- In the event of the scholar would like to drop out of the research degree, the scholarship will be withdrawn unless he/she would like to resume the research after some time, the institute should be informed of the same.
- The scholarship will be provided on an annual basis, the scholarship will be extended only after the student provides an annual report describing his/her research progress. The stipend amount will be released only if the institute finds the research progress satisfactory.