GSB Scholarship League or Gaud Saraswat Scholarship League is provided by Gaud Saraswat Brahman community to the shortlisted students from 5th standard to college belonging to the Saraswat community. The scholarship scheme can be classified under two different scheme: free scholarship scheme and foreign loan scholarship. The free scholarship is provided to students belonging from class Vth to XIIth and those who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree. The foreign loan scholarship is provided to 6 candidates who are pursuing a foreign degree outside of India. Students under free scholarship scheme receive ₹1000 per month.
To obtain this scholarship the interested candidates must satisfy the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Must be of Gaud Saraswat community.
- Should have a good academic track record.
- Should be a student from any class between 5th standard to 12th or pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
How to Apply
To apply for the GSB scholarship League the applicant must take the following steps successfully register for the scholarship:
- The student has to visit the office in person to collect the admission form. Or a request can be sent and the candidate will receive the application form by post.
- The admission form needs to be filled along with all the supporting documents and placed it in an envelope.
- The applicant can then send the envelope via post or deliver the envelope by hand to the GSB office itself to the following address:
The G.S.B Scholarship League
Katrak Road, Wadala
Mumbai – 400031
The following documents are required to successfully apply for the GSB Scholarship League free scholarship:
- A filled application form
- Community certificate of the candidate.
- Proof of Identification
- Proof of academic achievement.
The scholarship offered will be solely based on the academic merit and needs of the student. The deserving candidates will be chosen based on the information provided during the application. The GSB Scholarship League retains the complete control over the selection of candidates and disbursements of the scholarship fund.
Dates for Application
|Education Pursuing||Last Date of Application|
|Class 5 – 10||July 15 2018|
|Class 11 and 12||August 15 2018|
|BA / B.Com / B.Sc.||September 15 2018|
|B.Arch. / BE / MBBS / B.Pharm.||October 15 2018|
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship is currently not being provided to postgraduate students.
- There is no online mode of submitting the application form The application must be given by hand/post only.
- The scholarships are being provided to the Gaud Saraswat Brahmin community only.
- Any discrepancies in data will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship offer.
- The previous year application forms are not valid and interested candidates can only apply using the latest application forms.