UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship is provided by The Government of Ireland and College of Business and Law, UCC to offer research scholarships to Indian students for their one year master’s research program. This scholarship will cover fees and also provide €10,000 for living expenses.
Interested Candidates must match the following criteria to be eligible for applying for this scholarship:
- Must be of Indian nationality.
- Have at least 2 academic references with a video and personal statement.
- Must have secured at least a second class degree from a recognised institution.
- Must have scored 90 in TOEFL, 6.5 in IELTS or Grade B in CAE.
How to Apply
For Indian candidates who are wishing to apply for UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarships, they must take the following steps to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- Should have successfully applied for a course in Postgraduate Applications Centre. Click here to apply for a program with relevant CK code.
- Upload all the required documents along with your personal statement and a 2-minute long video describing your need for application, academic achievements, short-term and long-term goals.
- Pay the required €50 as an application fee when prompted.
- Press the Submit button once all the required documents are uploaded.
To apply for UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship, the following documents need to be provided:
- Proof of Indian citizenship.
- Proof of Academic Achievement.
- English Language certification scorecard.
- At least 2 academic references.
- A personal statement.
- A 2-minute long video attached with the personal statement.
The applications will be processed on the basis of merit. The shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a telephonic call. Based upon the performance in the telephonic interview, the candidates will receive a conditional admission letter. The candidates need to apply for the admissions to receive the offer letter.
Eligible programs for UCC Ireland Meritorious Scholarship
The student should pursue research in one of the non-EU programs and must be applying to any one of the following programs to be eligible for the scholarship:
- LLM (Research) (CKM 31)
- MSc in Finance (CKM05)
- MSc in Management Information Systems (CKM03)
- MSc in Accounting (CKM01)
- MSc in Food Business and Development (CKM09)
- MSc in Economics (CKM07)
- MSc in Management and Marketing (CKM 13)
You have to contact the supervisors for your relevant department as soon as possible to get an agreement on your supervision. The application cannot progress without it.
- For Accounts and Finance Research: Prof. Mark Hutchinson email@example.com cc to Ms. Maire Kavanagh firstname.lastname@example.org Business Information Systems, – Prof Joe Feller email@example.com cc Ms Patricia Lynch firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Economics Research: Prof Niall O’Sullivan email@example.com cc to Ms Mary Maguire firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Food Business Research: Prof Thia Hennessy thia.Hennessy@ucc.ie cc to Ms Catherine Maguire email@example.com
- For Management and Marketing Research: Prof Anthony McDonnell firstname.lastname@example.org cc to Ms Olivia Frawley email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- The scholarship amount isn’t expected to cover the full amount and an additional amount of €3,000 at least will be required to stay in Ireland.
- The student must get admitted into the college of Business and Law, UCC to receive the scholarship amount.
- The information provided by the student must be accurate, failing to do which the scholarship, as well as admission into the university, will be withheld.