Cultural Talent Search Scholarship Scheme was introduced in 1982 by the Center of Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), Government of India (GOI). The aim of this scholarship is to encourage the continuation of traditional arts among young children. The scholarship is provided for outstanding children between the age group of 10 to 14 years old. 650 scholarships are provided each year out of which 375 are general scholarships, 100 are provided to children belonging to Tribal Families, 125 are given to children from the families continuing traditional arts, 20 are given to the physically handicapped children 30 are exclusively given to the children pursuing the creative writing career.
The participants of the scholarships must match the following criteria:
- Must belong to the age group of 10 to 14.
- Must be getting an education from a recognised school.
- Should be receiving formal training in their art form.
How to Apply for Cultural Talent Search Scholarship
The application should be provided by the parent or guardian of the child in the prescribed form. Necessary recommendations from the head of the candidate’s school or training institute should also be provided along with the application. The Center of Cultural Resource and Training (CCRT) may identify and select talented students from the application pool with the help of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), respective State Boards or any other non Governmental organisation. A printout of the filled application can be taken from http://ccrtindia.gov.in.
The following documents are necessary to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- Application document in the prescribed format.
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of the institution/school.
Selection Procedure of Cultural Talent Search Scholarship
Based on the applications the shortlisted students will be called for an interview or test. The interview/ test will be held at a regional level and the date and timings will be provided to the shortlisted candidates by post. The interview/test are held during May every year. The final decision process will be made by a Central Selection Committee.
After each interview, the candidates will be evaluated on a scale of 1 to 10. A list will be finalised on the basis of merit and availability of scholarships.
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship will be provided for at least for 2 years and can be extended until the recipient reaches the age of 20 or till gets a university degree, whichever comes first.
- The extension should be done at every 2-year time interval.
- The scholarship payment will begin from the date specified by CCRT or until the selected candidate joins a suitable institute to hone their talents.
- A half-yearly progress report must be sent on a regular basis by the scholarship holder’s guru/institute.
- Prior approval of CCRT must be taken in case the scholarship holder needs to change the institute for any valid reason.
- There is no quota regarding state/UT for this scholarship.
- The student shall not receive any other scholarship while being subject to Cultural Talent Search Scholarship. CCRT must be duly notified in any such case.
- CCRT has the right to cancel the scholarship in case the scholarship holder decides to discontinue his training without providing any valid reason.
- Any disputes regarding Cultural Talent Search Scholarship will be under the sole jurisdiction of Delhi High Court.
- The term and condition may be subjected to change over time.