Hindustan Times Scholarship Program is conducted to reward the brightest young minds and is done by assessing creativity, originality and academic track record of the student. The program was started in 2011 and they received up to 27000 applicants in the first edition itself. During the previous year, they received up to a total of 84000 students from around 200 schools. About ₹45 lakhs will be distributed to 120 students in this academic year.
Interested candidates must match the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Hindustan Times Scholarship Program:
- Oly students from Navi Mumbai, Thane, Mohali, Mumbai, Panchkula, Chandigarh and Pune are eligible to apply.
- Students from class 5 to class 10 in Mumbai and students from class 5 to class 9 in Pune and Chandigarh are eligible to apply.
- Should have secured more than 60% in his/her previous academic year.
How to Apply for Hindustan Times Scholarship Program
To apply for the scholarship the interested candidates must fill the application forms taken from either of the sources:
- Forms distributed in schools.
- Forms that are published in the Hindustan Times newspaper.
- Directly apply online through this website. In this process, the student has to directly upload the quiz images along with essay to successfully register for the scholarship.
For the offline process, the applicants have to post the filled up form along with required documents provided to the addresses of the respective regions/zones.
For Mumbai Students,
All For Kids, 8 ground floor, Pranav building, Juhu road, Santacruz west, Mumbai 400054
For Pune students,
HT Scholarship Programme, HT Media Ltd., 504 / 505 City Tower, Boat Club Road, Pune 411001
For Punjab/Haryana students,
HT Media Ltd, HT Scholarship programme, C – 164 – 165 Industrial Focal Point Phase – VIII B, SAS Nagar, (Mohali), Punjab – 160071
The following documents are necessary to successfully apply for the Hindustan Times Scholarship Program:
- Forms filled with all the required details.
- Marks card of the previous academic year.
- Any 5 scholarship quizzes with answers appearing on the fourth page of Hindustan Times newspapers from Monday to Friday.
- An essay composed by the candidate on the given topic.
Selection Procedure of Hindustan Times Scholarship Program
Upon examination of all the eligible entries who have provided the correct answers to all the quiz questions, the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic track record, the essay written on the given topic and their extracurricular activities. The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview conducted by experts. The interview panel would consist of senior editors from the Hindustan Times group and would be solely responsible for picking the winners of the Hindustan Times Scholarship Program offer. The winners of the Scholarship program will be called for an award function where they would be provided with the prize money.
For Mumbai candidates, 60 students would be selected and each student will be provided with an amount of ₹50000
For Panchkula, Mohali and Chandigarh candidates, 35 students will be selected and each student will be provided with an amount of ₹25000
For Pune candidates, 25 students will be selected and each student will be provided with an amount of ₹25000
Terms and Conditions
- Upon being selected for the Hindustan Times Scholarship Program, the candidates are requested to provide a photo and ID proof.
- All costs and expenses will be solely borne by the candidates.
- The data provided by candidates during the selection process can be used by HT for any other purpose it deems necessary.
- In case of any disputes, the dispute will be under the jurisdiction of Delhi High court only.
- Apart from the amount indicated above no other item will be provided by HT during the selection process or at the time of prize distribution.
- Terms and conditions must be accepted by winners before accepting the prize amount.
- The scholarship amount provided is non transferrable and non negotiable.