It wasn’t always easy to search scholarship for girls/women, but today there are many ways to know about the girl scholarship and free financial aid for women who want to pursue higher education in India. As women face many challenges when it comes to colleges. In, this article you will come to know about scholarship for girls in India.
Scholarship For Girls:
Here is the list of few scholarship exams held for girls.
|S.No.||Name of the scholarship||Benefits|
|1.||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship||INR 500 per month for 2 years.|
|2.||AICTE Pragati Scholarship||INR 30,000 or tuition fees whichever is less.|
|3.||Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||INR 12,000|
|5.||Kiran Girls Scholarship||INR 40,000 on the annual basis|
CBSE Single Girl Child:
CBSE has launched a unique scholarship scheme dedicated to Single Girl Child. On the moment of Daughter’s Day, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child.
- The scholarship shall be given on the basis of the merit to All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or 6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class X Examination and are studying in Class XI & XII in a school affiliated with CBSE, whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year.
- The scholarship shall be rewarded to Indian Citizens only.
As per the notification, the beneficiaries of the Scholarship scheme will be awarded Rs 500 per month for two years. The girl must be the only child of their parents.
How To Apply – Online Application
AICTE Pragati Scholarship
It is a government scholarship implemented by AICTE. Its main objective is to support technical education among girl students. This scholarship is for those girl students who have taken admission in the first year of diploma/degree institutions approved by AICTE. The scholarship is given to 4000 girl students to pursue their higher education.
- The candidates must be a student of 1st-year of diploma/degree under AICTE approved institutions.
- Not more than two girls from the same family can apply for the application, and the annual income of a family must not exceed INR 8 lakh.
- Reservation is applicable: OBC – 27%, SC – 15%, and ST – 7.5%.
- The student is rewarded with INR 30,000 or actual tuition fees whichever is less.
- INR 2,000 per month for 10 months as a stipend.
How to Apply
It is an online process through MHRD official website.
Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship
It is formerly known as Maulana Azad Scholarship. Its main aim is to promote education among the meritorious girl students of the national minority communities. It offers a scholarship of INR 12,000 to minority girls students of class 9 to 12.
- Candidates should be belonging to the minority communities, for females only.
- The girl students must score 50% aggregate in the previous class.
- The annual income of the family of a candidate must not exceed INR 2 lakh.
The candidate is awarded INR 12,000 in two instalments.
How to Apply
Candidates can fill the form online, and by post.
Udaan is an initiative of CBSE under the guidance of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. The aim of this scheme is to provides support to the meritorious girl students to do preparation for competitive exams.
- Those female applicants who are willing for Udaan CBSE Scholarship currently enrolled in Class XI or XII of Kendriya Vidyalaya or any government-run school affiliated to CBSE in PCM stream.
- With their Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in subjects Science and Mathematics; for Boards, which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a CGPA of 9 in subjects Science and Mathematics.
- The annual family income of applicants should be counted less than INR 6,00,000 per annum.
- It is a fully-funded scheme.
- Free offline/ online resources through virtual contact classes on weekends, study materials, mentoring, and others.
- This benefit is extended for those girls students who attend 75% of UDAAN classes.
- Girl students are given admission fee, tuition fee.
How to Apply
Candidates can apply it on CBSE website.
Kiran Girls Scholarship
It is conducted by President Foundation for those girls whose annual family income is less than INR 5,00,000 per annum. Under this, 40 girls students will be rewarded an Rs. 40,000 per year till the completion of courses. It provides financial support to girl students who are pursuing Bachelor of Engg. (B.E.) or B. Tech in IT and Computer Science, or ENTC from the engineering colleges in Pune district, Nagpur, Goa, Hyderabad city or Bangalore city.
- First-year engineering girls pursuing computer science or information technology with 70% aggregate in class 10 and 12.
- The girl students annual family income should be less than INR 5 lakh per annum.
- The qualified girl candidate is rewarded with Rs. 40,000 on the annual basis, till the completion of engineering.
- The scholarship is given to 10 meritorious girl students.
It is completely online, interested girl candidates can apply the form.
Check out: www.aisee.co.in