About the Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020:
The Royal Society, London is offering this Scholarship and it invites applications from scientists with PhD degree for The Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020. All those scientists who are in the early years of their research career can access this Scholarship benefit. This Scholarship aims to support outstanding scientists in becoming independent research leaders. Selected research scientists would receive a salary of up to GBP 40,681.46 in the first year and other benefits such as estate costs, indirect costs, research expenses, equipment costs, etc.
The Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have 3 to 8 years of research experience after completing his/her PhD.
- Not hold a permanent post in any university or non-profit research organisation
- Not hold or have held a Scholarship of the same nature
Awards and benefits:
- GBP 40,681.46 in the 1st year (up to 80% of the basic salary), estates costs and indirect costs
- Contribution to research expenses of GBP 13,000 in the first year and GBP 11,000 per year afterwards.
- Additional research expenses of up to GBP 40,000 in 2020/21
- Contribution to a postdoctoral research assistant and/or 4 year Ph.D. studentship
- Equipment costs
- Assistance for public engagement activities
- Funding for professional development and training purpose
How to apply for the Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020?
Follow the steps below to apply for the Scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the Flexi-Grant management system of the Royal Society.
Step 2: Click on ‘Register‘ to create an account.
Step 3: Fill in all required details and register.
Step 4: After successful registration, log in to complete the Scholarship application.
Step 5: Fill in all mandatory details and submit the completed application.
Documents required for The Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020:
- Summary Page
- Research proposal
- Letters of support of named collaborators
- Statement of support by Head of Department
- Two nominated referees
The Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020 Selection criteria:
The selection of the fellows will be based on their performance in the interview and review of the application submitted.
Important dates of The Royal Society University Research Scholarship 2020:
Application Deadline – 03rd September 2019
Interview Commencement – April, 2020
Result Declaration – May, 2020
Terms and Conditions:
- Fellows may need to provide the details of the expenditure done for the concerned financial year.
- Award holder needs to submit the final report of the research within three months of the end of the award period.
- The award can be terminated in the case the contract of employment between the host organisation and award holder is terminated.
6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG
Phone – +44 20 7451 2666
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com