Sikh Human Development Foundation Scholarships 2018 – Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), New Delhi in association with Sikh Human Development Foundation, U.S.A (SHDF) invite Applications for SHDF Scholarship exam in India 2018 from regular students studying in recognized Colleges and Universities for Professional Degree/Diploma Courses like Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Medical, Nursing, Home Science, Architecture, Agriculture, Business Management, B.Ed., Journalism, CA etc. Students who have appeared in Class XII Examination in March 2018 can also apply.
The main objective of this scholarship is to support meritorious undergraduates who aspire to achieve excellence in their studies.
SHDF Scholarship exam in India 2018 Details
- Under this scholarship scheme, selected students will get up to INR 30,000 per annum along with other incentives depending upon the needs, aspirations, and courses to be pursued by them.
- Candidates should have Minimum 60% marks in previous two examinations and (ii) Total family income from all sources not exceeding Rs.1,80,000 per year.
- Application Form and other necessary instructions are available on the website www.nishkam.in
- Duly filled‐in Application Form, together with documentary evidence of past academic performance, family income, all receipts for paid tuition fee and other refundable and non‐refundable charges must reach at Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council (Regd.), SHDF Division, Nishkam Bhawan, B‐Block, Tilak Vihar, New Delhi-110018 latest by 10th August 2018
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Form: 10th August 2018
- Written Test in Punjabi & General Knowledge (based on prescribed books) on 19th August 2018
- An applicant will have to appear for a written test which will consist of two papers in Panjabi language and general knowledge
- Paper I: There will be an elementary test of the subject General Grammar
- Paper II: This paper will contain questions from religious and moral studies of a book named ‘NaitikSikhiya’ which is published by Guru Gobind Singh Study Circle, Ludhiana. After qualifying in written test, the selected students will have to appear for the interview, whose date, time and venue will be notified to students later on.
- Students will have to score a minimum 50% marks in the written test to qualify for the interview round.
- Eligible students will be required to take a Written Test in Punjabi & General Knowledge (based on prescribed books) on 19th August 2018 at any one of the seven Centres namely New Delhi, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Faridkot, Moga, Bathinda, and Amritsar.