The article is about scholarship exam in India as a form of financial aid. The scholarship honors to various students on the basis of various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the founder of the reward. Scholarship award is not required to be repaid by the student. Basically scholarship is given to financially weaker and talented students in order to pursue their dream career.
Scholarship Exam in India 2020
There are many private as well as government enterprises which gave scholarship to the needy talented students. List of scholarship exam in India for engineering and medical students.
AISEE (All India Scholarship Entrance Examination)
It is a national level merit based scholarship provided by an which is registered under the ministry of finance act 1994 is being registered with Central Excise Department of India. It provides Engineering Scholarship exam in India and medical scholarship. AISEE has launched two scholarship programs.
Class 12th passed/ appearing students from any recognized board across India can apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is applicable for medical and engineering only.
- AISEE Scholarships provide up to 100% for Engineering and Medical students of Government college.
- AISEE Scholarships reward up to Rs. 80,000/- for Engineering and Medical students for Private college.
Candidates can apply the form in online mode, there is no offline mode of application submission.
The application fee is INR 1200 for all the candidates irrespective of male and female, from the web browser or mobile application.
This is applicable for all quotas- SC/ST/OBC/General.
UDAAN is an initiative by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the guidance of MHRD, Government of India, to enable disadvantaged girl students to transit from school to post-school professional education especially in Science and Mathematics. As part of this initiative, CBSE will support 1000 disadvantaged girls per year and provide them with free online resources in Class XI and Class XII.
- The citizen of India can apply for UDAAN through CBSE.
- The candidates must be pursuing science streams (PCM) in class XI.
- The annual income of a family is not more than INR 6 lakhs per annum.
- Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC and 3% for PWD.
Rewards Under the Scholarship
- The candidates who qualified the test are provided with free materials either online or offline modes.
- It also organizes virtual contact classes.
This is a minority scholarship implemented with the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Merit-cum-Means scholarship is for professional and technical students.
- The students must be studying in India either in government or private institutions.
- The family income should not exceed INR 2 lakhs.
Rewards under Scholarship
- The stipend is given to students for a period of 10 months in an academic year.
- The qualified students will receive financial assistance for the entire course.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship was conducted by the University of Grant Commission (UGC).The aim is to promote girl education in our society. It was observed that the dropout ratio of education for girls is much higher than that of boys.
- The single girl child of a family.
- The program is applicable to a single girl child of a parent who has registered herself in regular, the fulltime PhD program in Social Sciences in Indian Universities/Colleges/Institutes.
- Girl students up to the age of 40 years for general category and 45 years for the reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST/OBC and PWD are eligible.
Rewards under scholarship
- The qualified students will receive an amount of INR 25,000 per month for the initial two years. For the remaining period, the students will get an amount of INR 28,000 per month.
- The students will also receive a contingency amount of INR 10,000 per annum for the initial two years. For the remaining period, they will get a yearly amount of INR 20,500.
- The students qualified under the Person With Disability (PWD) category will also receive an additional amount of INR 2000 per month as assistance allowance.
Saksham scholarship is an initiative of MHRD and implemented by AICTE for differently-abled students who want to pursue their dreams.
- The scholarship is only for candidates with a disability of less than 40%.
- The annual income of the family should be less than INR 8,00,000.
- The student must take admission in 1st-year technical degree or diploma under the AICTE approved institutions.
Rewards under the scholarship
- Every year 1,000 disabled students got the opportunity to live their dreams.
- Awards are given INR 30,000 per annum and an additional amount of INR 2,000 per month for 10 months.