Sports Scholarships are provided for all talented and proved achievers in sports in school, college and university levels. The aim of the sports scholarship is to support a lot of sports talents to meet their part of sports expenses, so that students can participate in both studies and sports. Here, we are giving complete details about Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme?
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme is provided by Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, India’s flagship national oil company. The objective of this scholarship is to support young sports persons who have represented the country or state at junior or senior level. Indian Oil believes and works towards the economic, environment and social growth of the society. It has started several projects with societal development in mind which includes the Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme.
Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme is given in two categories:
- Elite Scholar
The applicants must satisfy the following eligibility criteria to avail the scholarship:
- The applicants must be above the age of 13 years and below the age of 19 years as on 1 September 2018.
- For Elite Scholar:
- The applicant must have represented the country at the junior or senior level, in case he/she is applying for the scholarship in the team game.
- The applicant must have acquired the national ranking between 1 to 5 in the sub-junior/ junior/senior category or must be the semi-finalist/finalist in a national championship, in case he/she is applying for the scholarship in an individual game.
- For Scholar:
- The applicant must have represented his/her state team at the junior or senior level, in case he/she is applying for the scholarship in the team game.
- The applicant must have acquired the national ranking between 6 to 15 in the sub-junior/ junior/senior category or must be the quarter-finalist in a national championship, in case he/she is applying for the scholarship in an individual game.
- For Athletes, only individual events will be considered. Cross Country event will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Under Archery, all the categories will be considered.
- In swimming, only individual events and categories like freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly will also be considered.
- The events under artistic gymnastics will be considered for selection.
- In the section of kabaddi, beach kabaddi will not be considered.
- In volleyball, beach volleyball will not be considered for selection.
- In football, futsul / 7 a side football participation will not be considered.
- In hockey, 5 a side tournament will not be considered.
- In chess, only events under the Classical Time Control will be considered.
How to Apply for Indian Oil Sports Scholarship Scheme?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Visit the official link to start the application submission process.
Step 2: Click on the checkbox ‘I Agree’ and click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
Step 3: Fill all the required information requested in the form.
Step 4: Upload the required documents.
Step 5: Submit the application form.
Awards and Benefits:
- The scholarship will be provided for the duration of three years, provided the selected candidates’ performances are as per the prescribed criteria at the end of every academic year.
- The selected Elite Scholar will get a monthly stipend of :
- INR 15,000 – first year,
- INR 17,000 – second year, and
- INR 19,000 – third year.
- The selected Scholar will receive a monthly stipend of:
- INR 12,000 – first year,
- INR 14,000 – second year, and
- INR 16,000 – third year.
Scanned copies of the documents should be attached during the application Submission process.
- A scanned copy of certificate for age proof (class 10th pass certificate with birth date mentioned on it/ school leaving certificate/ passport/ Aadhaar card/ birth certificate issued by Municipality or Gram Panchayat
- A scanned copy of performance certificate – two certificates of the highest performance achieved (at least one certificate is mandatory)
- A scanned/soft copy of recent passport size photograph.
Terms and Conditions:
- For Team Games-
- Representation in the latest National Level Tournament (National Tournament immediately preceding the Date of advertisement) will be considered.
- In case of more number of eligible candidates are available for the scholarship than the number of vacancies announced, the player representing his/her state which has reached the higher level in nationals will be considered.
- If there is more than one candidate who has reached the same level in a National Championship, then the player younger in age will be given preference.
- For Individual Games-
- Ranking/ position in the latest National Tournament (National Tournament immediately preceding the Date of advertisement) will be considered.
- In case of more eligible applicants than the number of vacancies, the players with better ranking will be considered.
- In case of the same ranking in two different levels, the player participated in senior level of the two will be given preference.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the 2nd and the 3rd year after the performances of the candidates will get reviewed.
- The application is liable for rejection if it is not submitted in line with the terms and conditions of the scholarship.
- The selected candidates must not draw benefit from any other scholarship/ financial aid/ stipend for sporting activity.
- IOC is not obligated to provide any kind of employment to the Indian Oil Sports Scholars.
- The performance certificate and age proof certificate of the shortlisted candidates will be verified with their originals at the designated offices of IOC on dates which will be communicated to them subsequently.
- The shortlisted candidates are required to visit the designated offices of IOC at their own expenses.