Sports Scholarships are provided for all talented and proved achievers in sports in school, college and university levels. The aim of the sports scholarship is to support a lot of sports talents to meet their part of sports expenses. Here, we are giving complete details about AAI Sports Scholarship Scheme, the eligibility criteria, how to apply, its awards and benefits and more.
What is AAI Sports Scholarship Scheme?
AAI Sports Scholarship Scheme is provided by Airport Authority of India (AAI) for young sport enthusiasts above 14 years of age. The aim of the scholarship is to enhance sporting standards in AAI by encouraging youth talent in India.
- Players who represent India in Sub-Junior / Junior / Senior National Championships, All India Inter University Tournaments, National School Games in the last 2 years.
- Indian Citizen Students above 14 years of age.
How to Apply for AAI Sports Scholarship?
Follow the below steps to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Download the Application Form_and_No_Objection_Certificate to apply for the scholarship.
Step 2: Fill in all the required details.
Step 3: Duly sign and enclose all the required documents.
Step 4: Send the application form by post to the address given below:
Shri G L Verma,
Assistant General Manager (HR)
Secretary, AAI Sports Control Board,
Airports Authority of India,
A Wing, Room No. 120,
Safdarjung Airport, Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan,
Awards and Benefits:
- Students over 14 years and under 18 years will get INR 12000 per month.
- Students above 18 years will get INR 16000 per month.
NOTE: Students have to submit the no obligation form along with the application form duly signed by the parents.
Number of Scholarships:
The number of scholarships will not exceed 85 for open category and 15 for Wards of employees of Airports Authority of India for the year 2018-19
Terms and Conditions:
- The sports scholarship player will not be entitled to draw any other scholarship/financial aid/ stipend from any other source whatsoever for sporting activity.
- Applicant will continue his/her studies as well as the game concerned diligently and show improved performance in both. Applicant will submit the certificate duly attested by the head /principal of educational institute in which Applicant is studying that he/she is a bonafide student of the concerned recognized State/National Sports Federation.
- Applicant shall make himself/ herself available for such practice/ camp/ tournaments/ as and when required by AAI.
- That selected student for scholarship shall not behave in any manner during the period under the scholarship, which may cause embarrassment to AAI and also shall not take part in any activity prejudicial to the Law of the land. He/She will also abide by the rules and regulations/ stipulations etc framed by the AAISCB from time to time.