Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles is provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Government of India and comes under the purview of National Defence Fund (NDF). The objective of this scholarship is to promote and encourage professional and technical education among the wards and widows of martyred personnel of Central Armed Forces and Assam Rifles. A total of 2000 scholarships will be provided every year and will be distributed equally among boys and girls.
Only those candidates who satisfy the following criteria are eligible to apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles:
- Wards and widows of the personnel who died during performing election or crowd control duty.
- Wards and widows of the personnel who are disabled while performing election or crowd control duty.
- Ex-Central Armed Police Forces or ex-Assam Rifles personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks in any of the qualifying courses (12th boards, Diploma or graduation).
- For students who wish to renew, a minimum score of 50% marks or equivalent must be maintained while pursuing the course.
- For renewing candidates, a maximum gap of one year is provided if they fail to renew for the scholarship immediately.
- Students who are in their first professional degrees and are taking one of the following courses are eligible to apply for the scholarship: Veterinary, Medical, Engineering, B.PHarm, BBA, BSc, MCA, or MBA.
- Applicants who are pursuing education through correspondence or distance learning/online are not eligible.
- Applicants pursuing Diploma courses which would not ultimately lead to a degree are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants pursuing courses or in institutions which are not approved by UGC, AICTE or MCI are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are pursuing a course abroad are not permitted to apply.
- Students who change their course or institution are permanently restricted from applying for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles.
How to Apply for Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles
Candidates who meet the above-set eligibility criteria and who are willing to apply for the scholarships are requested to take the following steps to successfully apply for the scholarship:
- Starting from 2015-16, the application of Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles must be done through the National Scholarship portal. The portal can be accessed by clicking on this link.
- Upon clicking the apply button, the website will be redirected to the login page.
- If the candidate doesn’t have an account, a new account can be created by clicking on the “Register here” section.
- After successfully registering for the account, a new and unique User ID will be provided.
- Go back to the login page, and log in to your account using the User ID just provided.
- Apply for the scholarship which you wish to obtain.
- Fill up all the required fields with accurate information.
- Provide scanned copies of all the documents mentioned below.
- After providing all the details and necessary documents, the application process is complete.
- The applicant can track the scholarship submission by logging in into the portal.
To successfully apply for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles, the students must upload the soft copies of the following documents. Documents required for those who wish to apply for the first time:
- Service certificate of the service personnel as issued by H.O.O.
- Bonafide certificate of the candidate which is to be issued by the head of the institution.
- The first page of the bank passbook which should show the account number and account name of the account holder.
- Scanned copy of the Xth standard mark sheet.
- Scanned copy of the Xth standard or any of the equivalent MEQ mark sheet.
- Dependency certificate of the candidate
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Death certificate (if applicable)
- Gallantry award certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size photo of the applicant.
For candidates who wish to renew their scholarship, the scanned copy of the following documents are to be provided:
- Service certificate as provided by H.O.O.
- Bonafide certificate provided by the head of the institution.
- The first page of the bank passbook containing the account number and name.
- The mark sheet of the previous academic year.
All the documents provided must be in PDF or JPG format, the passport size photo of the applicant must be in JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
Selection Procedure of Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles
The final shortlist of candidates will be prepared based on the marks obtained by the candidate in his or her XIIth standard board examination or any equivalent examination. The utmost priority will be given on the basis of category. The list of categories for the candidates provided are:
|A||Wards and Widows of Personnel killed in action|
|B||Wards and Widows of personnel disabled in action|
|C||Wards of personnel killed while performing government duties including election duties.|
|D||Wards of personnel disabled while performing government duties including election duties.|
|E||Wards of personnel who received Gallantry
|F||Wards of ex-personnel of CAPF and Assam Rifles.|
|G||Wards of members serving CAPF and Assam Rifles personnel.|
Those who are selected for the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For CAPF & Assam Rifles will be provided with monetary compensation. The scholarship amount will be provided for a period of 5 years or the duration of the course, whichever is shorter. The amount provided will be:
- For girls: ₹2250 per month (will be provided as ₹27000 at the end of each year)
- For girls: ₹2000 per month (will be provided as ₹24000 at the end of each year)
Terms and conditions
- A total of 2000 scholarships will be divided equally among boy and girl candidates. In case if there is a shortage of eligible candidates in either of the categories, the scholarship slots will remain vacant.
- Candidates who are already receiving a scholarship amount under any other scheme are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be provided to only two children per family.
- If the candidate is pursuing an integrated degree, the scholarship will be provided for the first 3 or 4 years only.
- Wards who are pursuing a bachelor degree after obtaining their diploma are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will be summarily rejected.
- There are no fixed quotas applicable under this scholarship.
- The scholarship will be immediately suspended and the amount provided must be refunded if the candidate is found to have provided false or has withheld any information relating to the scholarship scheme. Appropriate actions will be taken depending upon the severity of the fraud.
- The terms and conditions are subject to change over time.